Simple Energy is the expert when it comes to home heating in the Upper Valley. They specialize in both propane and oil delivery and service while helping you make your home as efficient and winter ready as possible. From one local upper valley business to another, we reached out to Simple Energy NH to bring you their top tips for home heating preparation.
1. Get Your System Serviced – Before you start using your heating system daily you want to schedule an appointment to get your system serviced. Having your heating system serviced annually helps ensure that it runs as efficiently as possible.
2. Understand Your Payment Options – Heating your home can be expensive. Simple Energy offers customers the opportunity to plan for the winter season and decide how they want to pay.
Contact Simple Energy for more details on their payment plans.
3. Set-Up Auto Delivery – Take the worry out of winter by signing up for auto-delivery. Simple Energy will automatically come to your home and fill your oil and propane tanks without you having to call and request a fill up.
4. Ask About Tax Credits for Heating System Updates – There are still some tax updates available for updating to new energy efficient heating systems. If you are considering upgrading your heating system make sure you do your research and talk to Simple Energy about what tax credits may be available to you.
5. Take Your Thermostat on the Road – Simple Energy offers Honeywell RedLINK thermostats that allow you to adjust the thermostats in your home from you smartphone or home computer. Never come home from work to a cold house again. You can adjust the temperature from anywhere!
6. Keep the Temperature Consistent – We all want to be as efficient as possible with our home heating fuel. One way to make sure you get the most from your heating fuel is to avoid frequently adjusting the temperature on your thermostat. Adjusting the temp up and down makes your system work harder to keep up. Maintain a steady temp as much as possible.
All of us at Title Mortgage Solutions, LLC are big fans of Simple Energy. Proper home heating maintenance is a great way to protect your home and your financial investment. These tips will help you keep your new home warm and running efficiently all winter!